How do I delete my Instagram account?
When you delete your account, your Profile, photos, videos, comments, likes and followers will be permanently removed. If you'd just like to take a break, you can temporarily disable your account instead.
For security reasons, we can't delete an account for you. You'll need to be able to log in to your account to request deletion. If you can't remember your password or username, take a look at some tips for logging in.
To request the permanent deletion of your account:
Before deleting your account, you may want to log in and download a copy of your information (such as your photos and posts) from Instagram.
Go to the Delete your account Page from a mobile browser or computer. If you aren't logged in to Instagram on the web, you'll be asked to log in first
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you deleting your account?and re-enter your password. The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after you've selected a reason from the menu.
- Click or tap Delete [username].
If you'd like to delete a different account:
- Click or tap the username in the top right of the Delete your account Page.
- Click or tap next to Edit profile and select Log out.
- Log back in as the account that you want to delete and follow the directions above.
It may take up to 90 days to complete the deletion process after it begins. Copies of your content may remain after the 90 days in backup storage that we use to recover in the event of a disaster, software error or other data loss event. We may also keep your information for things such as legal issues, terms violations or harm prevention efforts. Learn more about this in our Data Policy.