While there is no way to change the texture of the hair follicles, there are many things people can do to make hair appear thicker and to reduce breakage and hair loss.
Thin or thinning hair is a widespread condition. Men often experience hair loss from male pattern baldness, but both women and men may experience thin hair in their lifetime
There is a range of natural ways to thicken thinning hair, but results will vary from person to person.
Everyday products to make hair look thicker include:
To use an egg treatment:
- beat 1 or 2 eggs together
- apply the eggs to the scalp and damp hair
- leave the eggs on the scalp for about 30 minutes
- wash hair thoroughly with warm water and mild shampoo
Alternately, combine the eggs with oil and water. To use this method:
- mix egg yolks, 1 tablespoon (tbsp) olive oil, and 2 tbsp of water
- apply the mixture to the scalp and dry hair
- leave for 15 minutes
- rinse out with warm water and a mild shampoo
2. Olive oil
To use olive oil:
- heat the oil to body temperature
- massage the warm oil into the scalp and hair
- leave in hair for about 30 to 45 minutes
- rinse out the olive oil with mild shampoo
3. Proper nutrition
- salmon, which is high in protein and fatty acids
- eggs, which contain protein, omega3, and iron
- walnuts, almonds, and other nuts, which are sources of fatty acids
- greek yogurt, which is a source of protein
- green, black, pinto, and other beans, which contain protein
4. Orange puree
The vitamin C, pectin, and acid in oranges can help a person’s hair in a few different ways.
The vitamins and nutrients may improve hair’s natural luster, which makes the hair appear thicker.
The acid in oranges helps break apart residue left from hair products. These residues may interfere with hair growth. Unlike some of the other treatments, orange puree has a pleasant scent that makes the treatment more enjoyable.
5. Aloe gel
Many people believe that the Aloe vera plant is helpful for the skin, scalp, and hair. Applying aloe oil directly to the hair and scalp may help strengthen the hair and thicken it over time.
Several commercial products that contain aloe as an active ingredient are readily available. These products often take the form of gels and creams that are applied directly to the scalp and hair.
To make an avocado rub:
- combine the fruit of 1 avocado with 1 tbsp olive oil
- apply the mixture to hair and scalp
- let it sit for about 30 minutes
- rinse thoroughly with mild shampoo
7. Castor Oil
Castor oil is also high in vitamin E and fatty acids. Vitamin E is known for aiding hair health.
Castor oil is easy to apply to the hair with no preparation. Simply, rub the oil over the scalp and hair until the hair is coated. Leave the oil on the head for about 30 minutes before rinsing out.