Welcome to 1440 watts to amps, which stands for 1440 watts to amperes.
If you have been wondering how many amps is 1440 watts, then you have come to the right page, too.
To obtain 1440 watts in amps in case of direct current (DC), we only have to know the potential difference in volts (V).
To be able to transform 1440 watts to amps with alternating current (AC), we additionally must know the power factor, the number of phases and perhaps the voltage type.
Convert 1440 Watts to Amps
To convert 1440 watts to amps, thereby changing power (P) to current (I), consider the criteria below. Next apply the corresponding 1440 watts (W) to amps (A) formula further down.
For the conversion of 1440 watts to amps check whether your electric current is of type direct or alternating flow of electric charge, as explained in details on our article Watts to Amps.
For alternating currents, the 1440 watts amps transformation is different for a single phase and a three phase system; the power factor is needed in both cases.
In case of the three-phase electrical generation, line to line voltage and line to neutral voltage require different constants to convert 1440 watts to amps, (√3) and 3, respectively.
- DC: I(A) = 1440 W / V(V)
- AC, Single Phase: I(A) = 1440 W / (PF × V(V))
- AC, Three Phase, Line to Line Voltage: I(A) = 1440 W / (√3 × PF × VL-L(V))
- AC, Three Phase, Line to Neutral Voltage: I(A) = 1440 W / (3 × PF × VL-0(V))
In an alternating current circuit, the power factor (PF) is the quotient of real power / apparent power with a value in between 0 and 1: 0 ≤ PF ≤ 1; real power here is = 1440 W.
1440 Watts to Amps Conversion
From our formulas follows that in order to convert 1440 watts in amps we must know the voltage. Assumed the PF is 0.5, and supposed the voltage is 110 V, we get these result:
- DC: I = 1440 W / 110 V = 13.09 A
- AC, Single Phase: I = 1440 W / (0.5 × 110 V) = 26.18 A
- AC, Three Phase, Line to Line Voltage: I = 1440 W / (√3 × 0.5 × 110 V) = 15.12 A
- AC, Three Phase, Line to Neutral Voltage: I = 1440 W / (3 × 0.5 × 110 V) = 8.73 A